- Samples size : 50 mm maximum (measurement area : 6 mm)
- Thickness: 12 mm maximum
- Modes: contact (defection feedback) and tapping modes
- Specially designed to perform measurements under controlled atmosphere (vacuum or inert gas), it is also equipped with auxiliary modules allowing electrical or electromechanical measurements
- Routine topographical measurement
- Material contrast via the detection of friction/adhesion or the cantilever vibration phase specific to each material
- Detection of materials piezoelectricity and elasticity
- Detection and control of the polarization of the piezoelectric response
- Mapping of resistance; of electrical and/or magnetic gradients; of surface potential
- Resolution: 1 nm
- Pressure: 10-5 to 1400 mbar
- Noise: ~0.1 nm RMS (Z direction) with turbo pump
- Maximum scanning dimension: 90 µm (X) and 4 µm (Y)
- Additional signals during scanning: friction (contact mode), phase (tapping mode)
- Current measurement module: Preamplifier Femto (DLPCA 200) and DC current source (Keithley 2400).
- Current noise: < 0.5 pA.
- Electromechanical measurement module: Lock-in amplifier (Signal Recovery 7265) and DC current source (Keithley 2400).
- Noise for the piezoelectric response: < 0.1 pm/V
- Lateral Electrostatic/Magnetic Force Microscopy (EFM / MFM)
- Double scan mode with PLL loop to detect and follow the resonance frequency
- Kelvin probe microscopy (detection of surface potential)